Stillington Post Office & Stores
Owned by the community. Managed by volunteers.
SAVE MILES. SAVE MONEY. TAKE A LOOK.
We may be quite small, but we’re pretty well stocked.
Before you drive off to Easingwold or York for your day-to-day shopping, see what you can find in Stillington village shop:
- Groceries from baked beans to tuna, FairTrade coffee to Taylors tea
- Milk, cream, butter, yoghurts, fruit juices
- Washing powders, toilet rolls, shampoo
- Batteries and razor blades
- Cat and dog foods - and birdseed
- Fresh sandwiches, pies and cooked meats
- Artisan Bread on Tuesdays and Fridays
- Chutneys, jams, marmalade and honey
- Herbs, rice and pasta. Bread and rolls
- Today’s newspapers, weekly and monthly magazines
We Support Local Producers
We pride ourselves on stocking a range of foods from local farms and suppliers
- Free Range Eggs
- Beef steak, mince and other cuts - fresh and frozen
- Bacon, sausages, burgers, pork and lamb
- Yorkshire cheeses and ice cream
Fresh Fruit & Vegetables
From Dooley’s in Easingwold
Fresh bread from Clarks on Wed & Fridays.
And we also offer some guilty pleasures
- Chocolates and sweets
- Soft drinks and yummy Yorkshire ice creams
- Sponge cakes and other cakes
- Crisps and chewing gum
- Cigarettes, cigars and tobacco
Call us to check if we’ve got what you’re looking for: Tel. 01347 810322
Do More Than You Think At The Post Office
You can settle electricity, telephone and other bills through the Post Office.
Make cash withdrawals, balance enquiries, cash and cheque deposits if your account is with one of a wide range of Banks or Building Societies.
- Stamps and parcel services.
- Mobile phone top-ups.
- Road tax and other licences.
- Foreign Exchange: Euros & US$ in stock. Other currencies to order.
- Bank services and insurance.
Upstairs At The Stores
- A SUITE OF ‘OFFICE’ SERVICES AND STATIONERY
- Photocopies A3 and A4
- Broadband internet access
- Laminating service
- Paper, envelopes, bubblewrap, packaging, pens, pencils..
A full range of greetings cards for every occasion.
Monday to Friday: 6.30am - 5.30pm
Saturday 6.30am - 1.00pm
Monday to Friday: 9.00am - 5.30pm
Saturday 9.00am - 12.30pm
Address: Main Street, Stillington, York YO61 1JS Tel: 01347 810322
Stillington Community Association was originally formed in July 2003, with the specific purpose of saving Stillington Village Post Office and Shop from closure and now remains to continue running that business. Since the purchase of the Post Office and shop, the business has gone from strength to strength. Support from the local community continues to be very strong and this has given the management committee confidence to embark on some new, long term developments.
Margaret Price (Chair) Tel. 01347 811262 firstname.lastname@example.org
Howard Williams (Vice Chair)
Christine Cookman (Treasurer) Tel. 01347 810047 email@example.com
Friends (Useful Links)
Main Street, Stillington.
Stillington Post Office, Main Street, Stillington, York YO61 1JS
Tel: 01347 810322